It’s so gloomy outside today and I am too lazy to go out for groceries, so I have decided to whip something our from whatever left I had in my fridge and pantry!
Here what I found in my fridge
1 box of light cream
Some goat cheese
Here is the end result:
Here how its done:
1. Put the eggs and around 150 ml of cream in a separate bowl, season well with salt and pepper and grated Cheese.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard and 1/4 or 1/2 of dried cayenne pepper(hot) or smoked pepper (not hot). If you don’t like spicy just ignore the pepper bit.
3. Mixed it all up!
4. Slice the onions, than sweat the onions with olive oil and salt, in a low heat until it’s all nice sweet-smelling and golden.
5. Slice the potatoes thinly, arrange them in the dish.
6. Next put some fresh baby spinach leaves (you can use any time of greens if you want) and the cooked onions
7. Repeat for second layer.
9. Put slices of goat cheese on top (if you don’t have goat cheese just use normal grated cheese) and now you are ready to bake for 30 minutes in a 180 C oven.
Happy Meatless Monday, eating less meat help reduce your carbon footprints!