I don’t normally bake on the weekends, but since we are going to have a picnic tomorrow Fontainebleau tomorrow I thought I will make something easy and yummy! Photos from Fontainebleau will follow…
Today I made two types of Savoury Muffins, one with Sundried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese, the other one is with Sauteed Mushroom and Emmental Cheese.
Instead of making two separate batch I just made one basic muffin batter, divided into two and put the fillings after. With this recipe I manage to get 6 Sun-dried Tomatoes savoury muffins and 6 Sautéed Mushroom muffins.
3.5 cups of all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons of baking soda
Season well with salt and pepper (this is important so your muffin will taste nice)
300 ml of milk
100 ml of melted butter
sun-dried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese fillings
8 sundries tomatoes chopped
Feta Cheese , cut into small cubes
chop one box of mushroom
1 shallots finely chopped
a little of fresh parsley finely chopped too
sautéed them all together in pan and set aside.
50 gr of grated cheese (any hard cheese will do)
1. Preheat the oven at 200 C
2. Mixed all the dry ingredients well together in one big bowl.
3. Whisk all the wet ingredients together in another bowl
4. Combine the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients together using a spatula
5. Divide the batter into two and put the fillings in and mix together very well
6. Put them into the muffins pan lined with muffins paper cups. Fill it up until the top, sprinkled with some grated cheese.
7. Baked for 20 minutes, poke it with a stick once its ready, if the stick comes out clean that means your muffins are completely cooked.
Enjoy and have a good weekend!!